I hate you.
From,
Your Body.
BAH. Just when I think I'm starting to feel normal, and am waking up at decent times and not feeling my eyelids start to droop around 6:00 p.m., I go ahead and switch time-zones again.
In short, I've landed in Australia. Now, granted, this 3.5 hour difference isn't anything like the 13 hrs I had to deal with in Hong Kong, or the staying up for 30 hours straight like I did when I landed in Auckland, but still! Ah well, a quick walk around the city, followed by a cold shower usually does the trick.
Alice Springs is... interesting. I had been more than adequately warned that this arsehole of the Outback (seriously, it's like, right in the middle) was just that, so I wasn't expecting much. I'm definitely in the Outback though. You don't really realise how dry it is here until you're crossing over a bridge with a sign that says "Todd River," and all you can see is a bed of clay with a shopping cart lodged in the middle. Now THAT, my friends, is Australia.
Well, I think I'm going to try and find a decent pair of sandles for the tour tomorrow, grab an early dinner and head back to my room. I have to be dressed and waiting for 5:20 a.m. tomorrow, and I think my body will wage full-out war if I don't get a decent night's sleep tonight.
Toodles!
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Megs!!
Just remember: your body may hate you, but your mind will love you for all the memories you're feeding it. Which do you think will last longer? ;-)
Miss you, and keep up the posts ... it's a fabulous distraction at work!
Kel
The human body was never designed to sustain depressurization and stale cabin air; dry airport food; scratchy hostel towels and snoring roommates, let alone the binge drinking.
But we both know that it's so worth it.
Keep updating the blog so we can be there with you. Painlessly.
- Ren -
Heehee, thanks for the encouragement guys! My body took about six times more of a beating than an airplane could ever give me, so I'm pretty well used to being a binge-drinking zombie by now :P
Miss you!
By the time that you get home, you will be a pro at the flying, time change insanity that is travelling around the world! Enjoy Australia, and miss you lots!
Dood! Are you alive? Come and update so that I can live vicariously! ;)
So apparently you're no longer alive?
get thee to a computer console!
Let it be known that February 15th is National Lamb Day in New Zealand. To honour the day, I will respond to all inquiries at work with "Baaa".
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/070126/K012602AU.html
Oh and by the way... where the beep are you?
Post a Comment