Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Why kick a moo-cow?

That’s a good question. And I don’t mean that in any sort of philosophical way. Just think about it literally:

Cows do dick-all. They eat grass, they moo, they crap on the ground. The life of a cow is a pretty placid one. What sort of personal harm could a cow possibly cause you that would merit a boot to the backside?

That’s a head-scratcher, that is.

Now for those of with a firm grip on either side of your head, tugging at your hair and screaming “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????”… let me explain.

Waikikamukau is a New Zealand expression, meaning a far-away place. It’s used much the same way as North Americans use “Timbuktu.” I figured it would work well for a travel-blog title seeing as I’m going to New Zealand and it’s… far away.

YEA. And for a minute there you thought I was clever, didn't you?

Anyway, this is going to be my online home for the next eight months or so. As often as I can find a computer, I’ll do my best to provide updates and pictures, all infused with my own particular brand of wit that I know you all love (tolerate?) so much. Enjoy! And please comment as much as possible. I’m weak, I need the attention.

1 comment:

missvicks said...

First to comment!
I'm gonna miss ya' Megan! Hope you have a kick-ass good time, and see you in a couple... several... half a year!
Love ya'!