Just got to Hong Kong airport after a 10 hour flight from Auckland. I feel like I've been awake forever, and it's only just started.
I had a great last night in New Zealand. Robyn and Alex had a bunch of their friends over (most of whom I also got to know over the past couple weeks), and we had a pre-drink house party before heading downtown to hit the bars. It was a blast. I have no clue what time I stumbled in, but I woke up with a big bruise on my left butt-cheek, so it must have been a good night...
The big Sens game was playing at 6:00am local time, so I know I was back before then. I was worried that I was going to pass out and miss it, so I chugged two cans of Red Bull and stayed up all night instead. I didn't get to watch the game, but there are live local radio feeds on the NHL website, so I was able to to listen to it on The Team 1200, which was awesome.
I honestly did try to be quiet for the sake of everyone else in the house who wasn't high on liquid chemicals and adrenalin, but it didn't work out so well. As soon as they got that OT goal, there was really nothing else to do but jump up an down screaming my lungs out. Thankfully by then it was about 10:00am, so they weren't too peeved.
I had planned on having a short nap after the game, but because of the OT there wasn't time for me to squeeze one in before my 11:00am check-in time at the airport. I had a long hot shower, and told myself I'd sleep on the plane.
We left late for the airport, giving me just barely enough time to check my luggage, grab a quick bite and head through security (unfortunately there wasn't enough time to go hunting for a photo of that plane Grandpa...). My flight took off just after 1:00. I napped on and off between movies, but didn't really feel rested at all.
I'm now heading into my 20 hour lay-over in Hong Kong (I've been here since 8 o'clock tonight, and my flight is at 4pm tomorrow), before spending another 20 hours on a plane to Toronto. Instead of wasting money on a hotel room, I've got earplugs, a face mask and a pillow I pilfered from the plane. After I'm done with this post I'll go hunting for a quiet corner and try and get some zzzs for a few hours at least.
Well, that's about it for now! There's free Internet in the airport, so I have a feeling I'll be entertaining myself by keeping you up to date on all my wacky Hong Kong airport adventures.
But first, sleep. Or to quote a MegLaur proverb: Bed. Bed bed bed.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment