Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Momma I'm comin' hooooooooooome!

Holy crap, I just booked my flight.

See, I got back to Auckland and everything was hunky dory for a while until I noticed the following:

A) I was running out of money.

B) The possibilities of working as a journalist in Auckland were basically zilch.

C) Despite being absolutely relieved to have friends and a social circle with Robyn and Alex, I just don't really like this city...

D) I want to go home.


So I kind of, did. I called Flight Centre, found them basically useless ("Oh, you want to be on the next available flight home? Ok, well how does June 18th sound to you?" WHAAAT??), then went to Cathay Pacific direct and got a flight out this Sunday, arriving in Toronto Monday night. I should be in Ottawa by Tuesday.

All in all I'm happy with my choice. I've had an amazing time, and think I've packed a lot in in the 4.5 months I've been on the road. I went to three countries, worked in my field for nine weeks, traveled through the whole of New Zealand on my own, met some amazing people and had a freaking blast. I also learned a few things about myself along the way, which is pretty cool.

I'm excited to get back to Canada, but I know a part of me is a little sad to leave. I love this country, and I'll definitely be back (hopefully with one or two of you guys!!). I hope I've been able to show you all a side of New Zealand you never knew existed, and that one day you might want to come check it out for yourself. It is a truly awesome country, with something to offer every type of budget and personality.

Ta ta Kiwi-Land! Til next time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MEGGY'S COMIN' HOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missvicks said...

You just wanna be in Ottawa when the Sens win the Cup! Only one more game, and they are Stanley Cup bound! ;-D
Can't wait to see you! We will party it up! :-D

Shan said...

DOOD!

I'll be done school a week after you get back... PARTYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!