Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

YES!!!

Woohoo! Good news!!

I've been asked to stay on at the Bay of Plenty Times.

I had an inkling that it might happen, as one of the paper's regular reporters is leaving on Friday for a new job in Australia, and they were--at the very least--going to need someone to fill in for her while they're looking for a replacement.

That person, it seems, is me :D.

YAY!

The best part is that they've upped my salary to $520/wk (I'm getting a student salary of $150 a week presently), and they're OK with me taking the week off next week to do my Rotorua-Tongariro-Taupo tour.

As of right now it's not a permanent offer to stay, but Craig said it could be as long as six weeks. I guess we'll see how things progress.

The only down side is that it means up to another 6 weeks at the YHA :S. I'm thinking I might look into a home stay or something. Joe said he's looking for a place, but is finding rates a bit expensive. I might see if he'd let me crash for a few weeks in exchange for some help with the rent and the odd dinner (the guy can hardly make toast... it's quite sad). We'll see ;).

So, in conclusion: YAAAAY!! I'll have MONEY again! Oh, and fulfilling work... of course.

AND MONEY!

5 comments:

Shan said...

WAAHOOOO!!!!

THAT IS SO COOL!! :D

missvicks said...

Yay!

Lauren said...

yay that's great!
Get away from that hostel though, sounds not so good.

Unknown said...

MEGGY!!!! YOU'RE MY HERO!!!!!

HUGE congrats!!!!!!!!

I'm currently dispatching two parakeets and a flamingo to Brazil to inform Tiny of your habitation problem and he will be on his way to your part of the world in two shakes of a (gorilla's?) tail. He has good negotiation skills :)

Alexa K said...

Yes! I knew you'd kick some serious ass! Now onto more weird and wacky stories! Congrats... I'll have a beer in your honour.